Insights From A Galapagos Journey
After experiencing a cruise to the Galapagos one can truly understand what an enchanting destination it is. It is a voyage included on many travelers’ bucket lists so if you do have clients that desires to book a cruise to the Galapagos, encourage them to make the most of it! After all, they will likely only visit the islands once in their lifetime. This is due to the exclusivity of the journey but also the expense, so an extended cruise should be at the top of your list for recommendations. You only live once, right?
While there are many wonderful three or four-night cruises your clients can enjoy, a five to seven-night cruise will offer your clients a wealth of experience revel in and get the most of what the Galapagos has to offer.
- They can appreciate enlightening visits to the tortoise sanctuaries on Santa Cruz, San Cristobal, Isabella and Floreana. In these breeding centers, they learn how these ancient creatures were brought back from near extinction with the help of conservationist efforts.
- If your clients are bird lovers, they’ll definitely want to include a stop in Genovesa to see the Red-Footed and Nazca boobies, Friggets and Lava Gulls and even the Blue-Footed booby if they are lucky.
- Your clients’ will also enjoy seeing the spritely Galapagos penguins on Fernandina, Isabela, Santiago and Floreana. If there is a snorkeling experience available near their habitat, they may even have a chance to swim with these adorable penguins!
- They will spot the sometimes elusive giant land iguanas on Santa Cruz and enjoy a hike on Cierro Dragon, a hill that from afar looks just like one of the iguanas you can see there.
- Snorkeling is a highly recommended activity during these cruises where your clients can see the fascinating marine iguanas, meandering sea turtles and playful sea lions on almost any stop where snorkeling is an option.
- They can also see the wealth of interesting fish species as well as a few sharks, but not to worry, the Galapagos is one of the only places where if there is a shark sighting, everyone jumps IN the water!
Personally, I would recommend an itinerary that includes Fernandina Island, my favorite island that I had a chance to visit. Not only was it breathtakingly beautiful, it was rich in invaluable experience as well. In one day you can go from being greeted by sea lions on your way in for a hike in the morning, to snorkeling with marine iguanas and sea turtles in the afternoon, and on to enjoy a delicious dinner and relaxing evening on board your ship in the evening.
No matter what itinerary your clients choose you can be sure that Avanti Destinations and our Galapagos cruise partners will work hard to provide an unsurpassed experience. I cannot advise enough to recommend a longer itinerary with variety of different islands so your clients can get the most out of this bucket list destinations. Your clients will not regret spending more up front for a longer itinerary as it is guaranteed worthwhile, encourage them to make the most of this once in a lifetime trip!